When is Personal Information Collected?
You may be prompted at various points on our Website to provide us with your personal information. Accordingly, we may collect and process the following information about you:
- information you provide by filling in forms;
- information you provide when entering Travelex prize draws or competitions;
- information collected from optional surveys that use for research purposes;
- details of your visits to the Website and the resources that you access; and
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence
Use and Retention of Personal Information
We only use personal information for the purpose(s) for which we tell you that it has been collected, and for other legitimate purposes as permitted by the Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act") and other relevant laws. We only retain your personal information for as long as is necessary for such uses.
If you provide information when using the Website and/or the services provided through the Website we may use such personal information for the purposes of:
- providing you with any email alerts you have registered for;
- ensuring that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- allowing you to participate in interactive features of our services, when you choose to do so; and
- notifying you about changes to our services.
We may make use of the personal information we have collected about you from the Website to enable third party websites to display our advertisements to you. We do not disclose identifiable information about our Website users to our advertisers, but we may provide them with information to help us reach the kind of audience we want to target.
Maintenance of Accurate Information
We strive to ensure that the information we maintain about our users of the Website is accurate, current and complete. We respond to requests from Website users to correct inaccurate information in a timely manner.
Protection of Information Via Established Security Procedures
When transmitting personal information over the internet, please bear in mind that this is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted to the Website.
Once we receive your personal information, we use strict security standards and procedures to help prevent unauthorised access. Where Travelex is required to make paper copies of your personal information, such information is either:
- stored in a secure locked storage facility and when required, archived in the same manner; or
- scanned onto our secure electronic systems (with the original paper copies shredded and destroyed) and, when required, archived in a safe and secure manner.
All personal information which is provided online is stored on our secure electronic systems and archived in a secure manner.
Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
We may disclose your personal information to any member of the Travelex group (which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006).
We may disclose your personal information to third parties for the following purposes:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business assets;
- if Travelex or substantially all of its assets or Travelex’s holding company or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets; and
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with our legal obligations or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Travelex, our customers, or others.
This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
IP Addresses and Cookies
We may collect information about your visits to the Website and your computer (including where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type) for system administration and to report such information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify you as an individual.
We collect such information by using a "cookie" file. Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored on your computer's hard drive by your browser. They help us improve the Website and make it possible for Travelex to identify some of your preferences. On revisiting the Website, Travelex's computer server will recognise the cookie, giving us information about your previous visits.
Links to Third Party Websites
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and accordingly we cannot accept any responsibility or liability for such policies. It is therefore advisable to check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
Access to Information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Removal from Travelex Email Marketing Communications
You may want to discontinue receiving information from the Travelex group. While this may mean that you will not receive product or service information of interest to you, we respect anyone’s wishes not to be informed directly of these promotions or product introductions by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify which Travelex database you would like to be removed from. You will also be provided with an unsubscribe link in any email marketing communications we send you.